The St Nicholas School caters for pupils with a wide range of special educational needs in the wonderfully diverse borough of Croydon, and we pride ourselves on being a popular choice with parents who want their child to develop intellectually, physically, aesthetically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. We strive to work together with parents and the wider community to develop happy, healthy pupils who place a high value on learning and achieving.
St Nicholas is an expanding special needs school, situated in Purley. We currently run a satellite provision for KS1 with two Reception Classes based at our Canterbury Road site, Broad Green, Croydon. Location for this post is Reedham Drive with regular attendance at Canterbury Road Site once settled in.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reception duties dealing with visitors, pupils, parents and staff
- General clerical and administrative duties
- Assist with the administration of the pupil database including admissions and attendance registers
- Administrative support to the School Business Manager and other staff
The successful applicant will:
- Display excellent standards of customer service
- Be competent in the use of ICT (Word, Excel, internet etc)
- Work well within a small office team
- Be organised, flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Behave in a warm, yet professional manner towards colleagues, pupils and visitors at all times, and contribute to the positive ethos of the School
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and experience of relevant administration systems and ICT packages.
- Experience of working in a school administrative role.
- Experience of working as part of a teamGood interpersonal and communication skills.
- Conversant with IT and a competent user of word processing and email.
- Ability to relate well to children and parents with patience and understanding.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure in a calm and measured manner.
- A high level of personal professionalism and confidentiality.
The St Nicholas School Offer
- Excellent career opportunities to work within a vibrant and successful special school on the verge of major expansion
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children
Closing date: Tuesday 3rd September 5pm
Shortlisting: Friday 6th September 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 18th September 2019
Start: Tuesday 1st October 2019