Croydon is on the cusp of an unprecedented period of growth and revitalisation. The next five years will see over £3bn investment in the Borough, which will transform Croydon into a world class destination. Across the Borough, up to 9,500 new homes will be built, whilst a major public realm improvement programme and innovative high streets investment schemes will revitalise our vibrant local centres. The aim is simple – to create a series of places where people want to be. This is your opportunity to be at the heart of this exciting time, developing and delivering projects which will transform the borough.
The purpose of this role is to be an actively participating member of the wheelchair service team, contributing positively to the overall function of the department, by supporting the rehabilitation engineers, therapists, logistics and workshop staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Repairs, Refurbishing, servicing and testing complex equipment to manufacturer set standards using manufacturer service guides and knowledge. Ensuring correctness of equipment service records. Identifying and reporting compliance, legal and other risks issues within the area of responsibility
- To assemble and modify equipment for individual clients under the guidance of the Rehabilitation Engineer
- To support the Rehabilitation Engineer in the monitoring of repairs, modifications and reconditioning undertaken by the Wheelchair Service
- To deliver and handover equipment to clients. To provide written and verbal instructions to clients and their carers. To document handover and ensure clients records are updated
- Carrying out quality checks and regular auditing of conformance to decontamination process protocols.
- To help fit and deliver all equipment
- Responding to reactive service calls. Investigating problems with wheelchairs. Servicing, repairing or updating wheelchairs reporting any suspect adverse client conditions to the office, for relaying to carers.
- Performing functional and cosmetic reconditioning of reclaimed used component parts that are assessed to be acceptable for reuse, bringing them up to original safe functional specification and acceptable visual appearance.
- Assuring the segregation of potentially contaminated and decontaminated workflows and storage areas, to prevent any cross-contamination.
- Timely and accurate reviewing, inputting and maintaining of information and records on the electronic management system, to enable the preparation of accurate statistical reports.
- Maintaining orderliness and cleanliness within the vehicle and technical workshop. Ensuring maximum shelf-life of equipment and spare parts, by protecting them from factors that could result in unintended deterioration
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Basic education of GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- A confident user of bench and/or hand tools
- Basic knowledge of electronic ordering and customer management systems, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Customer-focused service and/or people care experiences.
- Warehouse and wheelchair experience highly desirable but not essential
As well as becoming qualified in your chosen area, you will receive a London Living Wage salary of £19,750 per annum, which is one of the best apprenticeship salaries in London!
For further information, please apply below and a member of the time will be in touch!
Please prepare a supporting statement for this role