Croydon College is here to help get you to where you want to be in life. Over 8,000 students choose to study with us each year. We’re one of the largest and most successful providers of Further (college) and Higher (university) Education courses in the South East, judged Good at all levels in all areas by external inspections by Ofsted and the Quality Assurance Agency (for Higher Education).
To work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake work/care/support programmes, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervising and providing particular support for pupils with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Setting challenging and demanding expectations and promoting self-esteem and independence.
- Providing feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Understanding and supporting the physical needs of pupils. Depending on the specialism of the school this may include:- assisting individual pupils with mobility and independence training or feeding and drinking, in liaison with specialist advice & guidance provided by Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.Establishing constructive relationships with pupils and interacting with them according to individual needs.
- Must be able to pass a Fully Enhanced DBS
- GCSE A-C in English and Maths or equivalent
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Good knowledge of using specialist ICT resources / programmes to ensure pupil access
- Use of other equipment technology – video, photocopier
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
This qualification is made up of:
- Level 2 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Functional Skills in English at Level 1
- Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 1
- Functional Skills in ICT at Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Possible start date 17/08/2020
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Oscar.Alexander@croydon.gov.uk