Croydon College is here to help get you to where you want to be in life. Over 8,000 students choose to study with us each year. We’re one of the largest and most successful providers of Further (college) and Higher (university) Education courses in the South East, judged Good at all levels in all areas by external inspections by Ofsted and the Quality Assurance Agency (for Higher Education).
AYA College are looking to recruit 3 apprentices to be Teaching Assistants in 3 different year groups. This is a fantastic opportunity to begin your career in Childcare and is one not to be missed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained within the School.
- Working as part of a team.
- The care and supervision of the children regarding their physical, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Working with the Class Teacher with regards to the planning, preparation of activities, to meet children’s individual needs, liaising with parents and ensuring effective communication within the School.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regards to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Observing children and understanding the processes of their development.
- Positive management of children’s behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the Classrooms and equipment.
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Head of Service (HOS) and Senior Management team
- Participating in Parent/LA’s evenings and Open Days
- Ability to pass a Fully Enhanced DBS
- Entry requirements- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, English, ICT (or Science) Grade C / grade 4 or Support Teaching & Learning Standard Level 2
- Keen to learn and develop
- Mature attitude
- Professional demeanor
Skills Required :
- The successful candidate should be able to deliver great Communication and listening skills
- Knowledge of safeguarding and health and safety
You will gain a Teaching Assistant Level 3 qualification
Possible Start date - 12/10/2020
Please have an up to date CV and Covering letter ready for submission
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Oscar.Alexander@croydon.gov.uk