For over 400 years we have been educating the young and caring for the elderly. This was the vision of our founder Archbishop John Whitgift. Today we promote educational excellence, support Croydon's carers and offer a range of care services for older people.
CARE: Our three Homes: The Whitgift Almshouses, Whitgift House and Wilhelmina House, are happy, thriving and secure communities where staff are on hand 24 hours a day to meet residents’ needs, whether it is a full programme of activities, a friendly chat or just a cup of tea.
SCHOOLS:We educate more than 3000 students from in and around Croydon in our three outstanding independent schools, Trinity, Whitgift and Old Palace of John Whitgift School. Each of our schools are inspiring, inclusive institutions with over 44% of our students currently supported by a bursary and scholarship scheme totalling in excess of £5m per year. Our schools are among the best in the country and our students consistently achieve excellent grades at all levels.
CARER SUPPORTIn 1997 we broadened our charitable mission to provide support for carers in Croydon through the funding of the Carers’ Information Service. The Carers' Information Service provides a range of services to help people in Croydon who are caring for an individual including a range of publications, advocacy training sessions, outreach and a telephone helpline.
As a Desktop Support Engineer you will be reporting to the Director of IT, the post holder will be providing a comprehensive and effective technical support service to Whitgift school.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience and knowledge of Active Directory, WIFI, SharePoint Online and Office 365, Windows 10, All MS Office Suites
- IT qualification and experience
- Knowledge of both general IT H&S issues relating to work, both for self and all potential users
- Ability to train towards relevant IT qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- CCM Level 2 Experience with Package Deployment
- Experience maintaining and developing a VLE
- Confident personality & strong communication skills
- Good organisational and problem solving skills
- A good level of written and spoken English appropriate to the context and audience
- Experience of working within an educational setting
- Experience of working with people of all ages
- Experience of training others
- Reliability and Flexibility
- An appreciation of the various stages in procurement and different roles of staff
- A genuine interest in keeping up to date with IT development
- A desire to develop knowledge and skills through attending relevant courses and actively seeking to broaden knowledge and skills relevant to responsibilities.
- A desire to maintain and extend personal expertise in specific areas of ICT to provide appropriate advice and support
- Able to work effectively on their own as well as part of a team
- Ability to effectively organise own time Commitment to own professional development
- Ability to keep calm under pressure Pass Written Technical Assessment with a minimum of 70%
- Commitment to high standards and to raising these standards
- Ability to be positive and enthusiastic
All of our staff benefit from a competitive remuneration package, including:
25 days’ holiday to be taken during school closure periods
Membership of a generous money purchase pension scheme for all support staff which includes 3 x salary life assurance cover
Free access to an Employee discount Club, which offers discounted rates on a range of products and services, including insurance, holidays and travel, fashion and retail
Discounted school fees for permanent staff working at, or for, the Foundation Schools
Discounted off-peak membership at our onsite gym, Nuffield Health
Membership of the Simply Health Cash Plan Scheme, which gives financial support towards the cost of optical, dental and medical costs as well as a free 24 hour advice line for all staff
A range of family-friendly benefits including enhanced maternity pay and childcare vouchers
Season ticket loan Onsite parking Lunch is available onsite during term time
Please complete the registration below and you will be contacted by a member of the Croydon Works Team.