Croydon is on the cusp of an unprecedented period of growth and revitalisation. The next five years will see over £3bn investment in the Borough, which will transform Croydon into a world class destination. Across the Borough, up to 9,500 new homes will be built, whilst a major public realm improvement programme and innovative high streets investment schemes will revitalise our vibrant local centres. The aim is simple – to create a series of places where people want to be.
We are passionate about the value of public services and our new headquarters has the customer at the heart of what we do. It brings together 75 services including council, Met Police, NHS, Jobcentre Plus, Croydon Credit Union and Citizens Advice Bureau under one roof, allowing us all to work together as one team.
This is your opportunity to be at the heart of this exciting time, developing and delivering projects which will transform the borough.
- To support the Growth Zone Engagement Manager in delivering consultation and engagement activity.
- A borough-wide engagement campaign will seek to disseminate the Growth Zone narrative, and information and updates about the regeneration and changing landscape of Croydon firmly in the minds of people living, working and travelling into the town centre.
- Support the Growth Zone programme team and working closely with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager to provide high quality, professional and comprehensive engagement and consultation.
- Managing and coordinating stakeholder events including staff resource.
Support the coordination of staff rotas for the Growth Zone Roadshow.
To generate ideas for creative and innovative engagement activity. Working in partnership with the Communications Team to deliver high impact campaigns that support the Growth Zone;
To support monitoring, research and reporting on perceptions of residents to campaigns and communications activities including the Growth Zone Roadshow;
- To build strong, effective relationships with temporary staff and provide ongoing support to them for the duration of the roadshow.
- Knowledge of effective engagement and consultation techniques
- Knowledge of engaging with different audience types and a broad demographic
- Ability to communicate confidently to a wide range of stakeholders and audiences.
- Ability to manage staff and agency support in developing engagement and consultation initiatives.
- Ability to write succinct briefing notes and outline responses and key issues raised, presenting the data in a clear and concise format
- To hold a full UK drivers Licence
- Experience of event planning and implementation, including drop-in events and dedicated consultation events (desirable)
- Experience of dealing with a broad group of stakeholders including local authorities, private sector groups, residents, businesses etc. (desirable)
- Local knowledge of the area (desirable)
- Often required to work outside of core business hours, including evenings and weekends
- Enhanced DBS required
- Roadshow Vehicle usage and operation to comply with the Councils insurance conditions
- Officers working in public spaces policies to be adopted
- 6 months temporary contract