Founded in 1949 by Harry Blech to delight audiences with the works of Mozart and Haydn, the London Mozart Players one of the world’s finest chamber ensembles, dedicated to harnessing the passion and talent of our musicians so our audiences can revel in the joy of world-class live performance.
The LMP has a unique musical pedigree; it’s rich history connects it to the greatest names in classical music, while its pioneering approach to music-making marks the orchestra as a leader in terms of outreach, education and diversity. The LMP is a versatile chamber orchestra of the 21st Century, dedicated to reaching new audiences with classical music.
- Orchestral Management. Assisting the General Manager…Work to include, booking of players for engagements, putting together and sending out schedules for orchestral dates, setting up of equipment at venues for concerts, selling programmes, engaging with the public.
- Education, Community and Outreach department, assisting Head of department, organising education days, help with booking of players, sending out of schedules.
- Marketing Department, assisting marketing manager with social media, distribution of flyers, posters to advertise own promoted dates
- Librarian, assisting with organisation of library, preparing music for engagements, marking parts up for rehearsals, sending out music to LMP players
- Operations, assisting Head of Operations to include an oversight of the job, drawing up contracts, preparing costings and dealing with logistics of dates
- Experience of the role of pa to Executive Director.
- “LMP Friends” assisting the Chairman of the Friends with the day to day running of the membership
- Confidence in approaching, speaking to and engaging with audience members at concerts is an important asset.
- Available to travel with the management to some engagements that will fall during this time, this will include some evenings though time will be given off in lieu of evening hours worked.
- Intern ship Dates: Monday 14th January - Friday 22nd February 2019
- 6 week programme
- £10.20 per hour