Croydon is on the cusp of an unprecedented period of growth and revitalisation. The next five years will see over £3bn investment in the Borough, which will transform Croydon into a world class destination. Across the Borough, up to 9,500 new homes will be built, whilst a major public realm improvement programme and innovative high streets investment schemes will revitalise our vibrant local centres. The aim is simple – to create a series of places where people want to be. This is your opportunity to be at the heart of this exciting time, developing and delivering projects which will transform the borough.
This exciting role will support the delivery and day-to-day operations of the council’s internal Employment Pathways Programme. This includes apprenticeships, work experience, traineeships and a graduate/undergraduate programme; ensuring Croydon’s residents are able to access high quality pathways into work with the local authority as an employer.
The role will actively work with apprentices and line managers in the council and provide support to the Employment Pathways Coordinator in a wider range of employment pathways for Croydon’s residents and learning opportunities for council staff.
This varied role will include supporting projects; engaging with a variety of stakeholders; assisting with promotional activities, including to local residents and businesses; organising and managing information and processes; liaising with and supporting apprentices and helping to ensure the best use of the Apprenticeship Levy funds.
- Organise, promote and run the council’s internal work experience programme. This will involve working with managers in many departments to provide a high quality, council-based work experience programme for Croydon’s residents.
- Support the Employment Pathways Coordinator to promote, organise and improve the council’s internal Apprenticeship programme. This is a pastoral support role for the council’s many apprentices and their managers, as and when support and guidance is needed.
- Help the Economic Development team with events taking place in the local area, by organising and coordinating the role of Apprentices and students on work experience placements in the events. Also, attending events to promote Apprenticeships and work experience with local businesses.
- Support the Employment Pathways Coordinator to improve the systems and processes involved in the council’s work experience and Apprenticeships programmes.
- Assist in setting up and running the council’s new graduate/undergraduate employment pathways programme. Provide pastoral support as needed.
- Assist in setting up and running any other employment pathways programmes as required.
- Knowledge of the key issues for apprenticeships, work experience placements, internships and traineeships
- Knowledge of equality and diversity policies and experience of their application
- Knowledge and understanding of supporting people in the workplace, in particular the barriers and issues facing young people entering the labour market
- An understanding of recruitment policies and procedures and understanding of human resources and staff development issues.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage, communicate and influence young people and other stakeholders
- Ability to create delivery plans and implement to achieve results
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to organise and deliver events
- Practical application of advanced IT skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to assess, propose and action improvements to project delivery
- Proven experience of building good relationships and working with a wide range of colleagues
- Experience of working with complex institutions and a range of partners
- Experience of the providing pastoral support or guidance to people who do not have much experience in the work place.
- Special conditions:
- Able to work flexibly and to plan occasional travel
- 22 hours (FTE, pro rata 14,381.97)
- Interviews Wed 23rd Jan 2019
For full information and to apply click HERE