We are Churchill and we are forward thinking; re-defining service for over 1,000 clients in all sectors throughout the UK. We are proud to deliver exceptional service and support, but prouder still in making a lasting difference to expectations within our own industry. Our confidence and success stems from the energy and insight of our excellent people. Their endeavours in terms of growth, development, experience and reputation have been recognised through our selection as a Sunday Times ‘One to Watch’ Fast Track organisation.
As we approach our 40th year, we enjoy an enviable place in the market – as one of the largest independently-owned service solutions organisations in the UK with a team in excess of 12,000 and turnover approaching £100m. Our complete suite of service delivery is contained within six clear company divisions: cleaning, catering, security, compliance, maintenance and specialist. This means our clients enjoy the flexibility of a specialised single service through to a complete bespoke multi-service solution. We appreciate that you may not know the exact solution which would deliver the greatest benefits of quality, consistency and reduced costs. With this in mind, Churchill works on a consultative basis with any client to fully understand all your premises and service requirements. This feasibility study approach will ensure we design a truly bespoke solution for your business.
The Operational Supervisor role supports the Operations Manager and Senior Operations Supervisor for the Borough. This is a key role in ensuring the day to day supervisory and support required to deliver the contractual obligation. The role will be responsible for delivering high levels of service performance whilst adhering to the contractual and commercial requirements. The role will also be responsible for assisting with reactive cleaning issues. The role also requires flexibility of hours to ensure that the key hours of the support services are met.
Principal duties will include:
- To effectively implement Health & Safety procedures and practices to industry standard.
- Ensure effective use of that consumables and materials
- Ensure equipment being used correctly and within budget constraints set.
- Arranging and mobilising staff to carry out the Contractual periodical cleanings
- Ensure customer satisfaction by promoting the highest levels of service delivery and workmanship
- To carry out standard company audits across all the Sites
- Adhere to stated company policies and procedures
- Carry out all duties in a way which is consistent with and which promotes values
- To supervise the site teams in accordance with company values
- Have the ability to carry out staff Investigations as and when required
- Be mobile and travelling across numerous sites in Croydon
- Have the ability to work on a rota basis
- Carry out cleaning duties as required and instructed via the management team
- Must have a Full clean driver’s license
- Experience in the management of FM services across a diverse portfolio of facilities
- Good client management skills
- Understanding of employment law, policies and systems such as H&S, QA, environmental and corporate while complying with current and appropriate legislation and standards
- Desirable Health & Safety qualification e.g. IOSH and strong H&S awareness
- IT literate in MS Office and systems management software
- Good decision maker
- Flexibility and receptiveness to change
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously to a high level of accuracy
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to establish then work to agreed targets and deadlines
If you are interested in applying for this role please contact the team on 020 8604 7471