Our approach is to provide our clients with a team of people that know how to work together, with the experience and skills required to make the project a success for all involved. It is our aim to always operate in an open and harmonious environment with a ‘partnering’ style approach adopted so that when challenges occur we work together to find the best solution. We are committed to raising standards of service and safety and to achieving maximum value by working in partnership with Clients, Consultants and Suppliers whist avoiding waste and damage to the environment. We recognise that, to achieve our goals, we need to continually develop the skills of our team by investing in their personal and professional development and provide them with the best possible working conditions.
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Site Manager. Your responsibilities will include:
Reporting into the Site Manager and Project Manager, you will assist the site team to manage the building project in accordance with agreed timescales, quality and cost. To ensure that flats are completed to a standard finish which will exceed our customer’s expectations
Health & Safety
- Responsible for ensuring that all site personnel (including subcontractors) comply with Health & Safety site rules
- In Senior Site Manager/Site Manager’s absence - induct new starters on site; ensuring they hold the relevant CSCS Card and that they have a full understanding of the company Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and Procedures and Site Rules and of their employer’s Method Statements
- Ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times, that safe and acceptable working conditions are maintained on site and safety and welfare facilities are maintained to a good standard
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site. If accidents happen, ensure that First Aid is administered (where appropriate)
- Undertake the responsibilities/duties of the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager in his absence
- Participate in Pre-Site Start meetings following detailed preparation; studying drawings and specification, site inspection with Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager and Construction Director and ensuring site is set up in both a timely and effective manner
- Produce in conjunction with the managers short term working programmes to manage production in line with Development Programme to the required standards
- Ensure consultant engineers provide all inspection and certification to comply with planning/building regulations/Buxton requirements
- Manage and liaise with all specialised sub contractors to ensure works are carried out on time and to required standards
- Ensure all completion dates are met resourcing adequate staffing requirements where applicable
- Carry out routine inspections (minimum twice per day per flat) to ensure that instructions are carried out, the specification and site presentation requirements are complied with, and the required quality standards are met
- Liaise with Buxton and Local Authority Inspectors for Key Stage Inspections; escort inspectors on site and act upon their findings in the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Managers absence.
- Progressively and formally inspect all stages under construction (including Stage 4, Pre-Plaster, Pre-Paint and Pre-CML; to identify/rectify any defects and educate operatives/sub contractors to eradicate recurrent problems.
- Feedback design improvement and innovations through the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager
- Ensure materials are stored securely and in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations to minimise loss and wastage
- Advise the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager of material shortages and excesses in order to adjust schedules
- Ensure waste materials/packaging are recycled wherever possible and where not are disposed of in accordance with the waste management policy
- Monitor the performance of Suppliers and Sub contractors in line with the cost reports from Commercial Director
- Complete the daily Diary and also the following weekly reports in Site Managers absence:
- Plant Return Sheet
- Material Received Sheet
Candidates must have A levels or exceptional GCSE grades.
Buxton is an equal opportunities employer and copies of the following documentation can be made available upon request:
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Recruitment Policy
- Training and Development Policy