De-Charles Resources Ltd (DCR) was founded in 2001 as a recruitment agency for Teachers, Teacher Assistants, Nurses and IT professionals, in the London area.
Teacher assistants work under a teacher’s supervision to give students additional attention and instruction.
Teacher assistants typically do the following:
- Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behavior
- Help teachers with record keeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grades
- Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers
- Help supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips
- Working with special education needs students. These students often attend regular classes, and teacher assistants help them understand the material and adapt the information to their learning style.
- Work with students who have more severe disabilities, assistants may work with them in separate classes. Teacher assistants help these students with basic needs, such as eating or personal hygiene. With young adults, they may help students with disabilities learn skills necessary for them to find a job or live independently after graduation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role
- A level 2 or 3 qualification in Assisting Learning in Schools or similar
- A good level of English & Maths ( ideally GCSE or equivalent)
- Able to work in a team
- Able to build a good rapport with children
Length of Job : Full-time
Rate of Pay : £12 - £13 per hour.