OnSide Youth Zones is a charity with one simple aim…to build a network of 21st Century Youth Clubs, giving young people, safe and inspiring places to go in their leisure time. Young people need our help now more than ever before. Whether it’s a lack of ambition or qualifications, or negative behaviour and attitudes, the current childhood crisis is real and well documented. OnSide Youth Zones are designed to give young people aged 8–19 years old (25 for those with a disability) somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to in their leisure time; occupying their bodies and minds with fun activities, learning new skills and socialising in a safe, positive way. Youth Zones are there for young people in deprived areas, where the alternative for many is spending their evenings on the streets or isolated in their bedrooms, surfing the internet.
The purpose of this role is to provide administration and finance support to enable the smooth running of Youth Zone activities, including but not limited to: running the Youth Zones’ day-to-day financial procedures, assisting the Chief Executive and Business Administration Manager in recruitment, deputising in the absence of the Business Administration Manager and producing business reports.
Responsibilities and duties
- To provide comprehensive administration support during the development and operational phase of the Youth Zone.
- To run the day-to-day financial procedures of the Youth Zone, including using Sage to post purchase invoices and raise sales invoices, preparing incoming funds for cash collection, and respond to finance queries.
- To assist the Chief Executive and Business Administration Manager in the recruitment and selection process to build the staff team.
- To support the Business Administration Manager to establish and maintain the Youth Zone membership and volunteer database system. To deputise in the absence of the Business Administration Manager.
- To assist the youth work team in recording and evaluating work and providing reports, statistics and other relevant information as required, both internally and externally.
- To assist in the production of board reports on a monthly basis.
- To liaise with the Business Administration Manager to ensure the systems in place to record hours worked by sessional staff are adhered to.
- To assist the Chief Executive and Head of Youth Work in monitoring progress against targets and measuring the impact of the Youth Zone.
- As and when required, to take responsibility for maintaining the reception area at the Youth Zone and providing a welcoming environment, acting as the first point of contact for Youth Zone members, staff, volunteers, suppliers, visitors and the general public.
- To assist with any general administration and communication duties as required
- Administration functions in a work or other setting
- Working with finance systems such as Sage
- Working in an environment that involves dealing with the general public
- Experience using a membership system or database
- Experience of working with young people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to cope with multiple demands and deadlines
- Willingness to support the Youth Work team in ensuring a safe, fun and welcoming environment for all young people
GCSE in Maths and English
A basic IT or computer literacy qualification.