PCSG is a leading built environment consultancy and trusted adviser to an extensive and diverse range of clients. Since 2000, we have supported organisations and executives to achieve their business goals – and ultimately to flourish – through delivering smart solutions to contemporary challenges.
The purpose of this role will be to configure, implement and roll out the GeoConnect+ platform and associated applications for our Clients with the aim of enhanced productivity, more efficient capital project delivery and better management of built assets. There will be no standard day-to-day agenda. Instead, following initial training, the role will require a highly adaptive person to efficiently perform tasks, as well as arrange and manage resources efficiently and effectively.
This full-time role will be based at our office in Croydon but will require the flexibility and willingness to travel both nationally and internationally on a regular basis, and sometimes at short notice, to meet the needs of PCSG assignments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Management and configuration of GeoConnect+ - Undertake configuration and day-to-day management of the system, setting up new project and asset workspaces, information types, metadata, workflows and maintaining user accounts and security groups.
- System development and customisations - The role will include interpreting client functionality requirements, documenting them in user stories and communicating this information to PCSG’s development partners. It will also include overseeing and testing new developments, and subsequently managing the product and service delivery to Clients.
- Business Development - The role will include business development activities and the management of an opportunities pipeline for GeoConnect+ and associated applications. Therefore, an ability to generate leads, deliver demonstrations to prospective clients and give presentations at conferences is important.
- System Support - Respond to ad-hoc requests from users to move or rename any incorrectly uploaded files or documents.
- Interface with stakeholders - Act as the main point of contact for all queries and requests relating to the CDE system.
- Training – Organise and undertake regular training sessions on the purpose and use of the system for new users and refresher training for existing users. Provide training and guidance of information standards and procedures, including file naming protocols.
- Develop and maintain User Guides – Prepare and update training packs, system user guides and quick reference sheets, and animated tutorials (videos).
- Audits - Manage system compliance and provide compliance reports. Undertake regular compliance audits.
- Reporting - Provide ad-hoc reports and information on system usage, compliance and assist with ad-hoc requests relating to user activity and information management.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Degree and / or Higher National qualifications related to architecture, engineering, construction or information management, as well as relevant professional qualification(s)
- A proven track record of selling and delivering technology solutions to organisations operating in the Built Environment
- Experience of systems integrations
- Experience of Agile Development project management methodologies
- Knowledge of GIS systems and standards
- Project Management capabilities - experience of Prince 2 project management methodologies would be an advantage
- Experience of communication, roll out and training programmes
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Experience in preparing and publishing marketing collateral (hard copy, website, news articles, social media)
- Experienced problem-solver, capable of efficiently providing complex solutions and working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
BIM (Building Information Modelling) is central to this role. Knowledge of industry software is required and a full understanding of BS1192:2, PAS1192:3 and BS1192:4 is essential.
This is just a small look into the job description and person specification, for full details please contact Daniel.Daley@croydon.gov.uk