Mind in Croydon is working to promote good mental health. It seeks to empower people to lead a full life as part of their local community. To achieve these aims Mind:
- Educates and provides services
- Campaigns and raises funds
- Works in partnership with other relevant organisations
- Values diversity and focuses on quality
- Involves service users and other volunteers in its work
Mind in Croydon is a mental health charity founded in 1967 and since then has developed into a significant provider of mental health services in Croydon.
There are 2 positions available:
- 1 MALE ONLY Case Worker
- 1 any gender Case Worker, 1 year maternity cover ONLY
The purpose of these roles are to promote recovery and social inclusion in service users recovering from severe mental illness by helping them to identify and participate in mainstream activities such as: education; faith and cultural activities; arts and culture; sport and exercise; neighbourhood/community activities etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receive referrals and act as a named Support Worker for a caseload of up to 35 clients
- Use a person-centred approach to working with clients to help them identify their interests, desires and understand their needs
- Maintain records and report back using Excel, databases, Word and other IT packages for entire caseload
- Assist in maintaining and improving recovery
- Build self-confidence and improve physical well-being for clients
- Improve social networks for clients, beyond mental health services
- Improve personal skills including educational attainment and reduce dependence on mental health services where appropriate
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in mental health or in a caring role dealing with vulnerable member of the community in either a paid or voluntary capacity
- Negotiating successfully on behalf of clients with other professionals e.g. GPs, social workers, IAMHS and with clients’ carers
- Using person-centred approach to help clients achieve their goals and meet their individual needs and make informed choices
- Creating individual development programmes with clients
Skills and Abilities
- Communicating effectively across cultural boundaries
- Maintaining the requirements of a confidentiality policy
- Working independently and taking initiative
- Using computers i.e. Word, excel and data entry (essential) and PowerPoint (desirable)
- Speaking and writing fluent English and explaining information face to face, over the phone and in writing
This role will need a degree of flexibility with hours, needing someone to be available often at weekends, early mornings and evenings, and on bank holidays.
The responsibilities and duties listed here are smaller selection from a full job description. For full details, Job Description and Person Specification, please apply below and a member of the team will be in touch.
If this job sounds like you, please apply below! We'd love to hear from you