CroydonPlus was originally established in 1999 as Croydon Savers Credit Union Ltd (Croydon Employees Credit Union); a credit union for Croydon Council staff. In February 2016 we changed our name to CroydonPlus to mark the beginning of a sustained process of modernisation for current and new members, as we respond to the opportunities and challenges of financial services in the digital age. The office team based in Croydon look after daily transactions and operations. The team includes paid staff and volunteers, with both providing support to customers at additional locations in Merton and Sutton.
The Chief Executive Officer of CroydonPlus will embody the organisation and ensures that the direction of the organisation is in line with Credit Union community ethos. Promoting and demonstrating the benefits of the Credit Union to the wider public. Overall, the CEO will contribute towards the alleviation of poverty and economic regeneration within our members’ common bond
Responsibilities and Duties
- Delivering the strategic aims of CroydonPlus
- Promote, grow and develop CroydonPlus
- Create and deliver monthly reports to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Be responsible for the Credit Union’s compliance with all legal, regulatory and financial requirements, monitoring and reporting to regulatory bodies and the preparation of Board reports and Annual Report for the AGM
- Oversee internal audit outside of the annual Credit Union audit
- Oversee recruitment and ensure there are sufficient and adequately trained staff
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships with members, local authorities, agencies, organisations and individuals, this includes councillors, MPs, local and national statutory and non-statutory organisations
- Negotiate and create new partnerships / ventures to enhance business growth reflecting the organisation’s principles and strategy plan
Education and Qualifications
- Education to degree level, OR a relevant professional financial or managerial qualification, OR relevant experience.
- Must meet the Senior Manager’s Regime requirements for a Credit Union Chief Executive in respect of the Prudential Regulation Authority and Financial Conduct Authority.
- A record of at least 2 years successful management experience of a team.
- Experience and success in developing and implementing business strategies.
- Experience within the banking or working in a customer focussed financial service environment.
- Experience and success in developing relationships and strategic partnerships.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Significant and proven overall leadership skills.
- Significant knowledge of Customer Service and its effective delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Financial Service Industry and the role of its regulators.
- Knowledge of Credit Union Governance, operational and internal controls.
- Knowledge of and success in financial management, budgeting and credit control.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The details listed here are a small selection from the full job description and person specification, to see the full details please contact Gurvinder.Doal@croydon.gov.uk
Should you wish to find out more about the role please contact: Manju Shahul-Hameed (Chair) Manju.Shahul-Hameed@croydon.gov.uk or Clive Fraser (Secretary) firstname.lastname@example.org / 07783 152322