CroydonPlus was originally established in 1999 as Croydon Savers Credit Union Ltd (Croydon Employees Credit Union); a credit union for Croydon Council staff. In February 2016 we changed our name to CroydonPlus to mark the beginning of a sustained process of modernisation for current and new members, as we respond to the opportunities and challenges of financial services in the digital age. The office team based in Croydon look after daily transactions and operations. The team includes paid staff and volunteers, with both providing support to customers at additional locations in Merton and Sutton.
Croydon Plus credit Union is seeking to appoint a committed individual as operations manager, to implement and deliver the Credit Union’s strategic business plan and manage operations accordingly. The nature of this role requires someone to be proactive and ‘hands on’ in their approach to the working environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To coordinate with CEO to develop and deliver the Croydon Plus strategy: including content strategy, digital service strategy, marketing strategy and knowledge management strategy, in line with policy, regulations and the organisation’s ethos/mission/vision.
- To be responsible for personal learning and development, to support the learning and development of others and the whole organisation.
- To build and maintain networks which develop and innovate the organisation’s operations to enhance efficiency and quality of service and any other matters are beneficial to Croydon Plus
- Implement, maintain, administer and review all operating policies and procedures to enhance the efficient operation of the Credit Union’s activities and co-ordinate systems across the organisation.
- Effectively link and co-ordinate all operational activities including technical, computer, savings, loads, delinquency and credit, ensuring at all times the professional and proper application of financial controls.
- Effectively manage and ensure the security of the assets including premises and all its contents. Hold/secure keys and combination numbers and act as a custodian of keys and combination numbers in security procedures.
- Manage and supervise paid staff, and where appropriate volunteers, including the development and implementation of the organisation’s HR policies and procedures.
- Set up payroll deduction schemes with larger employers
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level OR equivalent experience.
- Professional qualification or significant relevant expertise and business experience in leadership or operations or banking/finance.
- A record of at least 2 years of successful management of an organisation’s operations
- Project management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong demonstrable experience in leading and managing teams to deliver high quality services
- High level knowledge and proven experience of delivering a services strategy
- Exceptional people management and leadership skills
- Strong financial management and analysis skills with a focus on strategic growth
The details listed here are a small selection from the full job description and person specification, to see the full details please contact Gurvinder.Doal@croydon.gov.uk