Pegasus Academy Trust is a Multi Academy trust in Croydon, we run six schools with over 2000 children and 350 staff.
Pegasus Academy Trust is looking to employ an Apprentice Finance/ Admin assistant to work in our busy Head Office, which is based in one of our schools.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answering general telephone enquiries
- Assist in arrangements for schools trips, events etc.
- Provide general clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, complete standard forms, respond to routine correspondence;
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems;
- Validate invoice for correct authorisation, tally with orders, prices charged and VAT etc.
- Code invoices to correct supplier and ledger codes
- Input details to finance system including invoice number, value, VAT etc.
- Ensure invoices are in payment processing in timely fashion
- Assist finance officer with BACS processing
- Check supplier invoices to statements and any overdue payment correspondence
- Deal with queries from suppliers
- Maintain PS Financials database - suppliers etc
- Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. Word, Excel, databases, spreadsheets, Internet);
- Maintain stationery, stock and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required;
- Provide general advice and guidance to staff;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Levels or 5 GCSEs
- Good numeracy/literacy skills (will be tested at interview)
- Good understanding of ‘Word’ and ‘Excel’ with good keyboard skills
- Past experience in a clerical role OR appropriate work experience/demonstration of involvement in administration and organisation work in a voluntary capacity
Salary will be paid at an hourly rate of £7.70 per hour
The position is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure. The school is committed to safeguarding its students and staff