Located in the heart of Croydon on Sydenham Road, Leapfrog Day Nursery is perfectly situated for local families and for parents commuting from East Croydon. Our aim it to provide as much flexibility as we can to busy parents while providing quality care for your little ones.
The Leapfrog Nursery are looking for a Full-Time qualified Nursery Assistants to join their energetic and friendly team. As a Nursery Assistant you will be responsible for providing care to the children attending the Nursery whilst ensuring the provision of a high standard, safe and secure environment where the children are stimulated and learn through structured play.
Main purpose of the job:
- To be responsible for the planning and delivery of an inclusive curriculum suitable to meet the children’s individual needs.
- To ensure the highest standard of care and education for the children.
- To give support to other personnel within their team and the Nursery School.
- To implement the Early Years Foundation Stage and ensure all the children’s individual needs are met and all areas of development are encouraged through play.
- Lead and support a team of Nursery Practitioners
Main tasks of the job:
- To ensure operational policies and procedures implemented by Leapfrog Day Nursery are adhered to, ensuring relevant legislation is met.
- To support and demonstrate inspiring and ambitious practice.
- Adhere to room ratios in line with policy and rotas.
- Ensure daily room registers and records of children in attendance are accurate.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies, completing risk assessments, hazard logs and documentation as set out in the operational plan.
- Active involvement in staff meetings, which support continually evolving high standards of practice.
- To work with colleagues in observation, assessment and planning, to ensure the provision of a stimulating environment with a balance of challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities reflecting children’s individual needs and interests.
- To ensure the detailed record keeping for key children’s development maintaining these records on a regular basis with quality meaningful observations and assessments and to involve parents in the process of planning and sharing of children’s progress.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the EYFS is essential
- Knowledge of Ofsted guidelines and Welfare requirements is essential
- A detailed understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection is essential
- Considerable relevant experience of the age range 0 to 5 years
- Knowledge of the key person systems and record keeping
- Strong teamwork and collaboration qualities
- Good written and verbal skills for report writing, maintaining child records and providing feedback to parents/carers and colleagues
- Experience in Line Managing staff
- Completion of a recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a Disclosure and Barring Enhanced Disclosure will be undertaken on successful applicants before an appointment is confirmed. This role is strictly subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS and references obtained prior to commencement of employment
So far so good? Apply today below, or contact Angela Woolnough for more information on 020 806 7471