Strive Training is a well established independent training provider with the key aims and objectives of empowering individuals to help them realise their potential through gaining the skills and qualifications they need to get into work.
- We offer adult learners a range of short courses.
- We also deliver courses to respond to sector and employer needs which include sector-based work academy programmes and lone parent programmes.
- We are also proud to be active in the prison education sector.
“Providing opportunities to help each and every individual reach their full potential and exceed their expectations by delivering excellence in training, and creating sustainable and strategic partnerships.”
The purpose of this role is to be proactively mentoring, guiding and supporting Strive learners into sustainable employment opportunities. This will be done by determining the learner’s employment goals and suitability for specific employment opportunities that have been brokered by Strive Training as well as identifying suitable local employment/agency opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build rapport and maintain relationships with all Strive employers and external agencies and understand their needs and requirements;
- Ensure the effective delivery and facilitation of Strive employers’ recruitment processes take place across all London centers in line with the employers stipulated requirements. This also includes interview and job preparation techniques for those learners who are successful or may need extra support;
- Support employers in delivering their business objectives, goals and training needs and circulate the benefits of relevant training amongst our partners;
- Ensure all job applications, interviews, offers of employment and any other information is logged onto appropriate databases in a timely fashion;
- Ensure all communications flow effectively with employer, partners and learners on all activities and outcomes
- Arrange and coordinate employer visits/meetings across all Strive centers;
- Prepare and organise learner progression profiles for marketing and other purposes;
- Collate job outcome data from tutors, learners, employers and other colleagues to meet KPI and targets.
- Assess individual learner’s progression needs;
- Work with Strive learners one to one or in group sessions to determine the type of employment or progression route (volunteering, work experience or further training) they require;
- Provide support and guidance and in-work support once the learner is employed to ensure sustainability and remove any potential barriers to remaining in work;
- Demonstrate the ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate people and influence their perception of working;
- Support learners with any application processes set by the employer to achieve the best outcomes;
- Organise and communicate with internal teams, tutors and other colleagues all job opportunities, dates and times for recruitment/events & employer visits;
- Produce and circulate weekly job bulletins for all centres along with the Business Relationship Manager as well as updating all jobs boards across all Strive centres;
- Proactively match suitable learners to brokered jobs to meet KPI’s and targets;
- Use current learner database and experience of learner’s skills to match suitable candidates to employment opportunities.
Skills and Experience
- Capable of managing own workload and deal with conflicting demands and timescales
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills
- Passionate about our services and provisions and able to communicate this to our learners, employers and partners
- Able to build and sustain relationships with learners, partners and employers by providing them with suitable outcomes.
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (e.g. Recruitment or Sales and Marketing) for at least a year.
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Willing to travel to all London-based Strive centres to meet learners and employers, as and when required
- Excellent time, people and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (as you will be required to do presentations daily)
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal manner and passionate about supporting Strive learners into work
- Demonstrate ability to work from own initiative and as part of a wider team
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience and exposure to various/diverse customer groups
- Previous experience of working in a similar role or in public funded services
- Any relevant advisory or training qualification
- 22 days of leave per year, and additional days for long service (up to 3 additional days per year)
- Annual Amazon vouchers for long service
- Cash plan medical insurance
- Opportunity to grow and develop in a nationally-recognised leading private training provider