At Millwood Servicing Ltd we specialise in Passive & Active Fire Safety Systems, Fire Risk Assessment, Fire Safety Training Courses, as well as Design Commissioning & Installation of excellent and cost-effective Fire Safety & electrical & lighting solutions complimented by an ongoing Maintenance & Response service.
The purpose of this role is to manage projects, passive and active, within agreed customer time frames and to a high level of competence. Carry out surveys, produce quotes and project proposals and complete and finalise operations & maintenance manuals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Planning – Plans projects in such a manner as to ensure all timescales and financial targets are met. Produces project schedules that are updated daily to ensure full visibility of all key dates of the project
- Design – Works closely with System Designers give feedback for system layouts for projects
- Communication – Communicates clearly with clients, sub-contractors and other members of the team that are involved in delivering the relevant project on a daily basis. Liaises with clients, third parties and colleagues to ensure
- Cost Reduction – Actively works to enhance the gross margin of all projects by reducing material costs and labour wherever possible by ensuring materials and labour is efficiently and effectively utilised to its full potential at all times.
- Drawings & Specifications – Create and update all as fitted drawings, correction diagrams and specifications for all relevant areas of the project.
- Reports – Produce reports on each project within the specified guidelines and timescales set.
- Documentation – Responsible for creating all handover paperwork and documentation for each project.
- Handover to Service – Carry out official handover to service department when project is complete.
- Deliveries – Effectively manage all deliveries to site following all guidelines in relation to security of stock etc.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Fire alarm and detection sysmtems including:
- Analogue Addressable/Conventional /Radio/ Hybrid/ testing /installation/ cause and Effects and Commissioning, Including the 4 common Open Protocol manufactures and preferably at least two of the Closed Protocol manufacturers.
- BS 5839-1:2017 & BS5839-6 :2019.
- Emergency lights specification installation and testing BS5266-1/8:2016
- Fire Extinguishers specification installation and testing BS5306-3:2009
- Fire doors specification installation and testing BS 476/ 8214:2008
- Smoke vents specification installation and testing BS 7346-8:2013
- Sprinklers specification installation and testing BS 9251:2014
- Electrotechnical 2330 level 2 & 3
- BS7671 level 3 amendment 3
Minimum 5 years experience
To find out more about this role, please contact Samuel.English@croydon.gov.uk or call us on 0208 604 7471
Submit your email address and CV below!