Age UK Croydon is a vibrant and successful voluntary sector charity whose aim is to promote the health, well-being and independence of older people who live in Croydon.
Age UK Croydon works in partnership with the national Age UK charity, which campaigns vigorously at Government level on behalf of all older people.
Personal Independence Coordinator Support Workers, support older people, who are living with chronic health conditions to make small, positive changes to their lives and attain their goals in improving their lifestyle.
Responsibilities and Duties
To support the PIC’s caseload in:
- Providing individual bespoke motivational support to the older person in order for them to achieve their goals
- Supporting older people to access services, activities and social events in the community and at home
- Assisting and supporting older people to help to increase their confidence and independence.
- Identifying and escalating any issues or concerns when supporting individuals
- If required and in response to need, support the older adult to appointments and carry out shopping on their behalf.
- To keep accurate records of actions taken and to communicate these effectively with the PIC’s as well as on the PIC Register database.
- To assist with the PIC Service development including providing feedback, supporting change in processes and attending events or presentations if required.
- To support the PIC service to provide accurate, timely data reporting.
- To work within all policies and procedures relevant to the Personal Independence Coordinator Programme.
- To ensure that individual’s and carers’ information remains private and confidential.
- To undertake and perform duties that are consistent with the responsibilities of this post as required by Age UK Croydon.
- To work flexibly and undertake other duties as deemed reasonable within the aims of the organisation.
Abilities, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work in a person centred way
- Ability to motivate and support individuals with complex care needs to engage in new activities
- Ability to work alone using own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- Ability to think innovatively
- Ability to plan and work to time scales
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to travel around the borough in a timely manner as the role requires frequent travel to home visits and meetings
- Experience in the use of IT, including Microsoft Office software, databases and the internet
Please apply below or contact Gurvinder Doal for more info on 0208 604 7471