Age UK Croydon is a vibrant and successful voluntary sector charity whose aim is to promote the health, well-being and independence of older people who live in Croydon.
Age UK Croydon works in partnership with the national Age UK charity, which campaigns vigorously at Government level on behalf of all older people.
PICs will alongside health and care professionals, bringing together the local voluntary and community sector and health and social care organisations, to support people and represent the person’s wishes. They will work with individual GP practices in a designated Network, adopting a multi-agency approach to working with older people who have long term health and care needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To attend regular multi-agency team meetings (‘huddles’) located at GP practices within the Borough of Croydon
- To visit individuals, including people with mental health needs, to undertake assisted self-assessments (guided conversations) within a format agreed by members of the Alliance.
- To develop a support plan and coordinating tasks to be undertaken, liaising with relatives, carers and other involved agencies as agreed with the individual to ensure an integrated and personalised approach to care and support.
- To assist individuals in overcoming the barriers that may occasionally arise in gaining access to their shared care plans should this be required.
- When allocated as the key-worker, to provide a central, continuous point of contact for the assigned person and their family/carers and the range of professionals involved in the care plan; and to escalate actions that have not been undertaken by professionals involved in the care plan to the professionals’ line managers.
- To explore and build social networks for people and carers to develop a range of activities
- To monitor people to identify any deterioration in both physical and mental health (signs of susceptibility) and wellbeing and to highlight any patterns or triggers
Abilities, Skills and Experience
- Have an understanding of how long term health conditions may impact on individuals, their carers and families
- Ability to report and provide performance management information
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate at all levels
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to plan, prioritise and work to timescales
- Ability to travel around the borough in a timely manner
- Experience in the use of IT, including Microsoft Office software, databases and the internet
For the full job description and person specification, please register your interest below and contact Gurvinder.Doal@croydon.gov.uk