In 1981 we started providing support and accommodation for young people in Croydon who faced homelessness. Over the last 35 years the needs of people we meet have become more varied and more complex. We have learned a great deal by listening to those we have worked with and adapted our services to meet their evolving needs and aspirations. Our services combine support with accommodation to ensure that after a period facing homelessness, young people move on to independence with all the skills they need to make the most of their lives.
We are recruiting a Team Leader to provide direct line management to Advice and Support Officers and assist the Operations Managers in delivering effective supported housing services. In the role you will line manage, develop and motivate team members and instigate managerial processes to address underperformance and poor conduct/behaviour.
Responsibilities and Duties
The following are a short selection from a larger job description, please apply below and contact us to receive the full JD.
- To ensure quality of practice and contract compliance. Leading and support practice development within the team, while providing coaching, guidance and mentoring to team members
- To demonstrate best practice, maintaining direct contact and involvement with service users by managing an agreed caseload, delivering direct support services in accordance with contractual requirements policy and procedure
- Support frontline staff to asses, implement and review support and risk management plans which are person centred and reflect the interests and wishes of the individual
- Participate in the recruitment and induction of front line delivery staff, in partnership with HR and in accordance with CAYSH policy
- Ensure records of support, incident, and risk management are made and accurately maintained.
- Assist the operations manager to ensure complaints are recorded in line with policy and procedure and resulting actions are agreed and implemented
- Contribute to development, implementation and review of service delivery plan(s)
- Promote and support inclusion throughout the service, developing, identifying and internal and external feedback / consultation mechanisms, employment and leisure opportunities in the community
- Participate on the on-call, out of hours service, responding to queries and incidents promptly, in line with CAYSH procedures on Incident Management. An on call allowance is payable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An NVQ Level 3 (or above) or equivalent qualification and willingness to work towards a Management qualification
- Experience of supervising volunteers, students or other non paid workers within a Local Authority, Voluntary or Social Enterprise sector working with young people
- An awareness of young people’s needs relating to housing and support
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and Safeguarding legislation
- Knowledge of benefits & relevant legislation affecting young homeless people
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing at all levels
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-servicing admin tasks using MS Office & electronic recording systems
For further information, please apply below or contact Gurvinder.Doal@croydon.gov.uk