Caremark is an established and highly regarded home care provider offering domiciliary care, personal support, home help and companionship services. Our work focuses on caring individually for people like you or your loved one, in the way that you would wish - with personalised, professional services, provided in a friendly, helpful and considerate way.
The purpose of this role is to live in the clients home and support their daily living as assessed by Caremark. To meet the personal care and support needs of clients in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence. The care and support provided by Care and Support Workers is expected to include support that would reasonably be given by members of the client’s family and is not to include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To assist clients who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet.
- To care for clients who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc.
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of customers through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying.
- To set tables and trays, prepare and serve meals, clearing away and washing up.
- To adhere to all Caremark’s policies and procedures at all times.
- To report either to the Field Care Supervisor or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a client.
- To encourage the independence of clients.
- To undertake any working duties as required during the night as far as is reasonably practicable.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Experience is desired but not essential as training will be provided
- Fully Enhanced DBS
- Self motivated & well organised
- Caring & sensitive to the needs of others.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice and equality for all Clients.
- Ability to complete any required documentation within the service
- A Person Centred Approach
Apply below TODAY or contact Oscar on 0208 604 7471 to discuss