The Learning World Montessori in Croydon provides childcare to pre-school age children following Montessori based education. Dr. Maria Montessori believed that no human being is educated by another person. He must do it himself or it will never be done. A young child experience could be enriched by a classroom where, he could handle materials which would demonstrate basic educational information to him.
In a Montessori classroom, the equipments invite him/her to do this at his/her own periods of interest and readiness helping the child to reach his/her full potential. Montessori classroom has a carefully prepared environment with activity centres devoted to practical life exercises, sensorial material and academic materials, all of which the children are able to absorb through their inquiring mind and freedom to explore.
The Nursery Assistant is a qualified childcare professional, minimum Level 2. They perform an important role caring for children, maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment and sharing their knowledge and skills with others. They are creative and reflective who are able to implement new ideas and use a range of strategies to continually improve practice and support the management team.
- To contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children
- To be aware of Learning World Montessori policies and procedures and ensure these are adhered to
- To be responsible for the welfare of all children in your designated room, organising systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care
- To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies
- To reflect on practice and routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child throughout the day
- Planning participation and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities and ensuring your room is well-resourced and creatively set-up
- Perform observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively – includes Individual Education Plans for children with Special Educational Needs.
- To develop genuine bonds with your key children and support and monitor colleagues to sensitively fulfil their key person responsibilities
- To contribute to the effective recording and resolution of any complaints or investigations, ensuring confidentiality at all times
- To be professional and a good role model to the children and other staff members, at all times
- NVQ Level 2 in Children’s Care Learning & Development, or equivalent
- High degree of integrity and empathy when dealing with children
- Able to plan and provide age-appropriate activities
- Able to observe, assess and track children’s learning & development
- Suitable to work with young children - Must have Fully enhanced DBS Check
- 1 year minimum experience
For further information, please call us on 0208 604 7471 and ask for Oscar