The Learning World Montessori in Croydon provides childcare to pre-school age children following Montessori based education. Dr. Maria Montessori believed that no human being is educated by another person. He must do it himself or it will never be done. A young child experience could be enriched by a classroom where, he could handle materials which would demonstrate basic educational information to him.
In a Montessori classroom, the equipments invite him/her to do this at his/her own periods of interest and readiness helping the child to reach his/her full potential. Montessori classroom has a carefully prepared environment with activity centres devoted to practical life exercises, sensorial material and academic materials, all of which the children are able to absorb through their inquiring mind and freedom to explore.
They perform an important role caring for children, maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment, supervising staff and imparting their knowledge and skills to others. They are creative and reflective leaders able to implement new ideas and use a range of strategies to continually improve practice and support the management team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children
- To be responsible for the welfare of all children in your designated room, organising systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care
- To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies
- To lead observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively – includes Individual Education Plans for children with Special Educational Needs.
- To develop genuine bonds with your key children and support and monitor colleagues to sensitively fulfil their key person responsibilities
- Enhanced DBS
- NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care Learning & Development, or equivalent
- There are Full and Part Time roles available
- Minimum 4 hours per day shift
- Working 5 days a week Mon-Friday