Welcome to Red Gates School At Red Gates we believe that "Together we recognise and embrace individuality and nurture learning within a safe and empowering environment so that all can thrive and feel a sense of achievement, belonging and acceptance."
We are a maintained primary special school for children aged 2 – 11 who have Autism and/or severe learning difficulties.
The vacancy is for lunchtime support assistants and duties will include supporting the children to eat their lunch, toileting, helping them to play and supervising the playground. There are also opportunities to do occasional work as a relief teaching assistant. We need staff with a caring responsible attitude, high expectations, excellent attendance and the ability to work in a team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervising pupils at mealtimes - encouraging children to eat healthily, helping infants to open packaging or cut up food, and providing some social and educational training, such as good table manners.
- Cleaning up spillages, and possibly helping catering staff to clean tables and clear the dining area.
- Overseeing children in the playground or during wet play, and monitoring the safety and suitability of activities.
- Supervising children using toilet facilities - issuing passes to older children and accompanying infants, checking they wash and dry their hands.
- Caring for the personal cleanliness of children.
- Making sure children who are ill or injured receive appropriate medical attention, and reporting any serious accidents.
- No Qualifications needed
- Will need Fully Enhanced DBS
This is a term time role
To discuss this role, please contact Oscar.Alexander@croydon.gov.uk