The project is offering workers an exciting opportunity to be involved in the first ‘digital census’ in history. Our officers get out in their community to help every household complete the census to the best of their ability. This involves visiting different properties in an assigned area, sometimes several times. The goal is to make people aware why the census is important and feedback information that keeps our address register up to date.
- Work with community groups to build engagement.
- Undertake outreach and engagement activities, to encourage participation in the census
- Build strong trusted relationships with community groups.
- Develop network of key intermediaries and leaders to promote maximum census questionnaire completion.
- Positively engaging with designated communities to support and encourage everyone to complete their census questionnaire.
- Researching, developing and implementing strategies to effectively engage communities
- Organise and lead outreach activities, such as community workshops and delivering presentations.
- Work with census media team and CEM to identify and contact local community media outlets (such as community radio stations and newspapers).
- Promote the census using social media.
- Workers must be able to commit to the full assignment. Holiday will not be permitted within the operational periods.
- Candidates must be approachable and personable.
- Due to the nature of the client, we can’t accept any candidates with pending/unspent criminal convictions.
- Flexible approach to travelling across allocated area to complete duties is required.
- Carrying supplies is a requirement.
- Competent at using technical devices (Handheld devices/ Android phones).
- May require a full UK driving license and use of a car
- Contractual hours will be 15 or 25 hours
- Holiday is not permitted during the operational period. This will be paid as a ‘lump sum’ at the end of this period.
- Civil Service Clearance requirements will apply for these roles.
- Operational period October 2020 to May 2021
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Amanda.Warren@croydon.gov.uk