Brigstock House has been, since 1991, providing residential care and daily living skills training for adults with learning disabilities, with or without associated mental health needs. We also support people on the Autistic Spectrum, Epilepsy, Challenging Behaviour, Down’s Syndrome, Dementia and other health needs.
Our mission is to promote independence and community integration. We aim to develop potential skills and enable Service Users to enjoy a happy and meaningful life.
- Delivery of personal care bathing or toileting with dignity and respect
- Assisting with getting up and going to bed
- Assisting with dressing and undressing, and application or removal of hearing aids, dentures, glasses
- Care of skin and hair including assistance with shaving
- Care of the mouth and teeth including dentures
- Assisting with mobility and transfers using correctly any specialized equipment provided
- Assisting with feeding
- Supporting Service Users with taking medication
- Assisting Service Users to meet requirements of their Care plans where appropriate
- Supporting Service User with domestic tasks eg. Cleaning
- Preparing packed lunches for those attending Day Centres the following day
- Carrying out domestic duties as required eg. cleaning, ironing, laundry etc.
- Provide a safe environment
- Participate in induction program, and other training programs as required under our regulatory bodies
- Attending meetings and reviews
- Maintain your own personal and professional development
- Updating & maintaining accurate records of Service Users daily notes, care plans, charts etc
- Maintain confidentiality about Service Users, staff and the organization as a whole
- Must have clean fully enhanced DBS or willing to undergo one
- The hours are: 8:15pm to 7:45am.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the overall purpose of the post as directed by the Management
- Management reserves the right to alter the contents of this job description to reflect changes to the Services provided without altering the general character or level of responsibility.
- The list above is not exhaustive and will be reviewed and amended from time to time to meet the need of the services.