Cognithan provides an alternative to hospital care for adults who need rehabilitation in the community. Our model of care is based on our very successful experience in providing residential care services to adults in the community. We provide a highly individualised, recovery based approach to meet each client’s strengths, needs and circumstances.
We provide short term residential, supported living and nursing residential care services for people with health care needs who require a high level of support, medication supervision and specialised services.
- To observe report and record changes in the clients physical, mental health and behaviour
- To be aware of and work to the principles of the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- To give and receive clear messages by telephone and or personal contact
- To provide the necessary physical care to clients to help them complete daily living activities i.e. personal hygiene, diet and fluid intake, clothing and laundry, personal environment, elimination, maintaining rest and sleep and activity, physical observations
- To act in a manner to respect the customs, individuality, values, sexuality and spiritual beliefs, activity, supporting the individual to fulfil these
- To provide social activities, emotional support and stability to clients to ensure effective engagement whilst maintaining professional boundaries
- To contribute in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluating care
- Required to frequently administer medication as prescribed to service users. The post holder is responsible for ensuring such tasks are carried out free from
- Participate in all aspects of domestic life will be carried out within the home i.e. cleaning, shopping, gardening, laundry and cooking and so on. Support workers will assist the service users to carry out these activities where appropriate and as identified in their Individual Life
- Must have a fully Enhanced DBS or Willing to undertake one
- Mental Health Trained (Desirable)
- Administering medication trained (Desirable)
- Fully Flexible
- To be calm under pressure in an environment where you will be exposed to verbal and physical aggression