Glencar Construction was founded in 2016 by Eddie McGillycuddy and Chris Gleave. A family run business, a family culture and what employees would describe as a ‘Fun, engaging & motivating’ place to work’. We are industry experts who operate across a wide range of sectors, with a particular specialism in the construction and repositioning of industrial, logistics and distribution warehouses and facilities. Our works range from new build to refurbishment and repositioning of existing assets.
As an Apprentice Construction Manager, you will learn all the key responsibilities of a Construction Manager, including overseeing all operations of a construction project and conducting site visits to monitor project progress. As well as setting budgets and objectives for staff in order to complete construction within the time frame.
- Assist with Overseeing the logistical requirements of a project
- Assisting the construction manager with the H&S duties on site
- Reporting to the Construction manager
- Carrying out inductions & H&S Toolbox Talks at the Construction Manager’s guidance
- Liaising with stakeholders and informing in regard to the construction project
- Develop partnerships with neighbours and keeping them informed in regard to the construction project
- Promoting the industry
- Weekly H&S checks at the Construction Manager’s guidance
- Attending meetings with clients and managers to report on progress.
- Working with the Construction Manager to Set targets and responsibilities for staff.
- Assisting with the reviewing of budget, risk and project plans to ensure work stays on track.
- Conducting site visits to ensure health and safety guidelines are being followed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent ability to problem-solve using your initiative
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to multitask
- Eager to learn about construction projects from conception to completion
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Annual leave loyalty scheme
- Pension scheme – We match your contribution up to 6%
- Wellbeing support scheme
- Company mobile phone
- 4:00pm finish on Fridays
- Dress down Fridays
- Private health care
- Life insurance cover
- Annual Christmas & summer parties
- Monthly team breakfast mornings
- Regular team building activity
- Refer a friend scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 2 days community volunteering per year