Located in the heart of Croydon on Sydenham Road, Leapfrog Day Nursery is perfectly situated for local families and for parents commuting from East Croydon. Our aim it to provide as much flexibility as we can to busy parents while providing quality care for your little ones.
- To maintain the standards set out by Leapfrog Day Nursery in the room under your leadership.
- To effectively manage the staff in your room to fulfil their obligations.
- To support the team members to have the specific knowledge and skills required to work effectively with children of this age.
- Formulate and operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members and the Manager.
- To follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure and ensure all team members are able to do the same
- To keep records of your key children’s development and monitor all other children within your room.
- Feed into appraisals, target setting and nursery operations as deemed appropriate by the manager
- Ensure all record keeping is accurate and up-to-date within your designated area, including tracking, next steps and planning of all children in your room, accident forms, and any other forms/records required for the child’s welfare, learning and development
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment and such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the Manager
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times and be responsible for the health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.
- Experience working in a childcare environment
- Must be fully qualified
- Great work ethic
- Have high standards
- All interviews will a quick telephone interview first, followed by an invite to come in and trial if successful.