Set up in 1987 by brothers Gary and Paul as a window cleaning business, Chequers has enjoyed continuous growth thanks to our unrivalled service delivery and a continuous investment in people. Today we retain the core family values now enriched by a culturally diverse team of over 700 employees which includes second generation of family members. Our services include cleaning, window cleaning, arboriculture, horticultural, electrical and building maintenance and commercial furniture. We have a wealth of experience across a number of sectors inclusive of social housing, education, commercial, governmental and private housing sectors across London and the South East.
Location: Grounds Department – Orpington
Hours/Days: 35 hours per week (9:00 am – 5:00 pm) Monday to Friday
Salary: £20,000 pa to start
The main purpose of this role:
To provide both clerical and administrative support to the operational team including the coordination and implementation of office procedures.
Managing written and verbal communication, word processing and typing with relevant skills such as IT, organisational and presentation skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Managing workflow of tasks including raising and closing of jobs, keeping site details up to date – cleaning times for sites, specifications, access details/codes.
- Commercial administration tasks including: Issuing quotations, Raising purchase orders, Invoicing, Stock ordering
- Running of the office; managing visitors, filing, etc.
- Administrative support for the management team as required.
- Production of reporting as required, internal and external (client-facing).
- Liaison with clients, residents, and contractors as and when required and ensuring we maintain good client relations.
- Coordinate, administer and maintain records of variation works on a daily basis.
- Maintaining documents, reports, and sales data.
Health & Safety:
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Legislation, as laid down by the Company.
- Communicate any Health and Safety problems encountered, to relevant line manager promptly completing appropriate paperwork as required.
- Inform relevant line manager immediately of any non-compliance, or issues.
- Be fully aware of individual and reporting staff’s responsibilities in regard to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy Statement.
- Ensure sites regulations and Health & Safety policies are adhere to and followed at all times.
- Inform relevant line manager immediately of any accidents at work and complete paperwork.
- To be responsible for the safe use and care of equipment and materials and wear appropriate office clothing.
- Safeguarding/Child protection- to meet the legislative and company policies to ensure all safeguarding practices are adhered to and communicated where appropriate.
- Experienced in providing exceptional customer service and building and maintaining relationships.
- Able to work in accordance with Chequer’s policies.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrates and able to use own initiative.
- Able to multi-task and work in a pressurised environment.
- Excellent time management skills and methodical approach to work.
- An effective communicator with a good understanding and speaking of English.