Set up in 1987 by brothers Gary and Paul as a window cleaning business, Chequers has enjoyed continuous growth thanks to our unrivalled service delivery and a continuous investment in people. Today we retain the core family values now enriched by a culturally diverse team of over 700 employees which includes second generation of family members. Our services include cleaning, window cleaning, arboriculture, horticultural, electrical and building maintenance and commercial furniture. We have a wealth of experience across a number of sectors inclusive of social housing, education, commercial, governmental and private housing sectors across London and the South East.
The main purpose of this role:
To deliver grounds maintenance as stated in the Chequers Contract Services Works Rota. To complete any necessary paperwork to show maintenance has been completed.
Role Description and Key Responsibilities::
Time and Attendance:
- Ensure that you are present at the Grounds Depot before your contracted start time.
- Ensure that you have any instructions, round sheets and/or job cards and that you have loaded your vehicle with tools and equipment and departed the Grounds Depot by 7:45am.
- Report any sickness or non-attendance through to Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Ensure that you wear full, clean Chequers Contract Services uniform and are not wearing any loose jewellery and body piercing other than studs.
- Ensure that you wear the relevant PPE at all times, including safety boots.
- Ensure that you conduct yourself politely and courteously towards customers and other members of the public, fellow colleagues, Supervisors and Management.
- Ensure maintenance works as listed below are completed to a high standard, leaving sites clear and tidy:
Strimming and edging of all grassed areas in preparation for cutting with a pedestrian or ride on lawn mower All pathways, driveways and any other hard standings are swept/blown clean and are clear from all moss and algae Cutting back of all shrubs (dependant on time of year and if in flower) and hedges and removal of all cuttings from site Turning and edging in of all boarders to include the removal of all weeds and dead shrubs Cutting of all grassed areas (dependent on time of year) and removal of all cuttings from site All bin areas are swept clean and disinfected and a full litter pick is carried out across each site
- To assist in carrying out any additional tasks within the Grounds depot as required.
- Ensure all completed job cards, before and after photos, and any other paperwork are submitted to your Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Alongside your Team Leader or Supervisor, carry out weekly vehicle inspections on your vehicle and ensure that your vehicle is washed and kept clean both inside and out weekly (including trailers).
- Ensure that all equipment is correctly checked out in the morning and handed back and secured in the evening.
- Ensure equipment is looked after and maintained to a high standard, including full cleaning on a weekly basis.
- Ensure any faults are reported back to your Team Leader or Supervisor
Health & Safety:
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Legislation, as laid down by the Company.
- Communicate any Health and Safety problems encountered, to relevant line manager promptly completing appropriate paperwork as required.
- Inform relevant line manager immediately of any non-compliance, or issues.
- Be fully aware of individual responsibilities in regard to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Ensure sites regulations and Health & Safety policies are adhere to and followed at all times
- Inform relevant line manager immediately of any accidents at work
- To be responsible for the safe use and care of equipment and materials and wear appropriate protective clothing as supplied.
- Ensure that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place for all work tasks being completed and that any generic RAMS are amended to specific tasks when attending site.
- Safeguarding/Child protection- to meet the legislative and company policies to ensure all safeguarding practices are adhered to and communicated where appropriate.
- Able to travel to different sites on a daily basis and handle relevant equipment on a frequent basis.
- Able and willing to work unsocial hours as necessary
- A satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Full, clean driving license
- Previous grounds/landscaping experience
- PA1 PA6 preferable but not essential
Job title: Grounds Maintenance Operative
Hours/Days: 7:30 am – 16:30 pm
Salary: £11.00 ph.