The council provides a large number of services for local people, businesses and visitors to the borough, including services for children and adults, and environmental, cultural, sports, housing, planning and benefits services.
With a workforce of about 6121 staff, including schools, Croydon Council is one of the largest employers in the borough. The council also makes a significant contribution to the local economy.
- Providing direct personal and social care for Centre Users.
- Escorting Centre users on minibus between their homes and the Centre.
- Providing therapeutic activities for Centre users.
- Daily monitoring and reporting including safeguarding concerns regarding Centre users.
- Taking responsibility as a key worker for allocated Centre users.
- Support Centre users during mealtimes.
- Participating in community outings with Centre users and colleagues.
- Updating electronic Centre users’ records.
- Taking responsibility for own health and safety and that of Centre users and visitors.
- Attending review meetings.
- Contributing to the development of service provision.
You will be studying Level 2 Diploma in Care
Working hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, 45 min break for lunch
20% or you working week will be study time
- Is willing and able to work with individuals experiencing dementia.
- Is eager to learn and is enthusiastic.
- Is respectful and attentive to Centre users’ needs.
- Is able to accept guidance and support to develop in role.
- Is able to work as part of a team.
- Is comfortable with assisting Centre users with personal care.
- Can communicate with a variety of people.
- Is organised and has good time management skills.
- Enjoys helping and supporting vulnerable adults to optimise their quality of life.
- Honest and open, takes responsibility, values diversity, is able to work as part of a team and is proud to serve.